7 Jun 2012

Good morning



It's always an exciting thing to meet up new friends and especially new housemates. There are 2 new housemates moving in today and they're originally from Taiwan.  They took overnight and long distance train traveled from Sydney to Brisbane, all the way here to find a part-time job as Working-Holiday travelers.

I believe part of the meaning of creating 'Working Holiday Visa' is for foreigners is to welcome and allow themselves take a year off, experiencing the nature of Australian beauty and at the same time they also have some sort of reasonable income to support their journey.

Most of Taiwanese friends that i know are too scared to give up their permanent job in Taiwan (because of the economic crisis and job vacancy shortage) to take the rare and treasure adventure. Also they don't have enough confidence in their spoken English skill. I'm very proud of people who at least take the risk, coming to Australia.

There is a very interesting fact i find in some of our working-holiday friends: They tend to earn as much money as possible throughout the whole year limit and forget about experiencing the natural beauty. I have been away from Taiwan for years, though I know how hard it is to find a job and make good income, I am not actually experiencing and suffering from all the difficulties, I guess i have no right to blame on people who use this opportunity to bring as much money back and don't care about just having fun and traveling. However I still deeply feel what a pity it is.


This is one of the photos I took when we were in Tasmania, on the way back from Cradle Mt. I still remember the cold wind stabbed through my face and the raining afternoon. We were not lucky enough to escape from the rain and spend time in Cradle Mt but this was definitely a worthwhile trip. Oh my goodness, food in Tasmania is amazing! Must try their fresh salmon and fish pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment